What are market segments?
We are pleased to announce that a segmentation per industry market is now available in your Benchmark app. You can now compare your revenue, impressions, CPM and performance against similar market segments.
Some market segments available today :
- Lifestyle and entertainment: any type of media publishers or specialized press (for example automotive media)
- News media: with a clear focus on news / general information
- Retail and services: e-commerce sites, weather or webmail services
- TV and Radio
- Video streaming
Where can I find the market segments?
You will find these market segments in Benchmark Market Overview and Benchmark Analytics, whether you are looking at the whole market or benchmarking your performance against your own industry market segment only.
Benchmark Market Overview
In Benchmark Market Overview, you will be able to:
- Select any market segment and view its ecosystem in the market
- Assess each segment own prices and demand specificities
Source: Adomik Benchmark Market Overview
In Benchmark Analytics, you will be able to:
- Compare your revenue, impressions and CPM against similar publishers in your own market segment
- Identify relevant opportunities by finding campaigns where you are over-performing or underperforming the market
Source: Adomik Benchmark Analytics
Here’s an example of market segments utilisation in Adomik Benchmark Analytics:
Publisher A has a total revenue of 100 000$.
Publisher A belongs to market segment “Retail and Services”.
Publisher A has access to the France Benchmark program.
On the totality of the FR program, brand Renault SoV is 4%.
On the “Retail and services” submarket, brand Renault SoV is 1%.
Publisher A has a 2% SoV with brand Renault.
-> Publisher A’s gap on the totality of the market is
2000$ – 4000$ = -2000$ (Publisher A is not performing well compared to the global market)
-> Publisher A’s gap on the Retail and Services submarket is
2000$ – 1000$ = +1000$ (in fact Publisher A is over-performing his peer market. Only comparing to similar sellers, we can see that Publisher A has a positive gap! The seller categories allow the publishers to better identify their real gaps and opportunities vs comparable supply, vs their true competitors)
The industry market segments are available for the US, French, Spanish, Dutch, Belgian, Japanese BENCHMARK programs. They will soon be available for the UK, Germany, Australia and Italy.
For more information on the Benchmark App and on the industry market segments, contact us!
Alternatively, you will also find useful information in the Adomik Knowledge base, i.e. the web self-service Helpdesk.
Tags :Adomik Benchmark